Help with Ledger Nano S

Discussion in 'Support and Help' started by stuart50, Jan 29, 2018.

1. stuart50

stuart50 BoxInitiate

Jan 29, 2018
    Male
    Hi all, newbie here

I am trying to send ETH from my Ledger Nano S to my Kraken account. This morning I sent a small amount of ETH and it arrived in my Kraken account within 10 Minutes. After this I tried to send a larger amount of ETH and it said successfully broadcast. However it has been 2 hours and is it still showing in my Ledger. I tried again with the same success message. Unfortunatelty the funds are still showing in my ledger and have not been sent. I have a few questions. Any help would be gratefully received.

Why has it not sent?
    Do I need to use a higher gas limit when sending a larger amount?
    What should the Gas limit be?
    What is Gas Contract & can this be left blank?

Thanks In advance. :)

2. LouiePro

LouiePro Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    Blockchain
    Norway
    Hey @stuart50. I'm not a ledger pro. But what did you set your gas price and limit at?

Have you tried their support channel? Let us know what you found out :)

3. stuart50

stuart50 BoxInitiate

Jan 29, 2018
    Male
    Hey @LouiePro, Thanks for coming back to me.

I did contact Ledger support (see below reply). I was recieving a sucessfuly broadcast to the network message, however it was failing to send. I followed their suggestion and sent it via MyEtherWallet, which sent sucessfully. Kraken didn't display the funds in my account wallet for 4 hours as they too were having technical issues. I was originally planning on sending it to Bittrex but found a common issue there with creating an ETH address. Shows how early things still are in this space.

Reply from Ledger
    Hello ,
    We have some nodes and API issues. Some blockchains can also face issues independently from us.
    Your funds are safe.
    We experience issues with the Ledger Ethereum Wallet, use MyEtherWallet from now until further notice (link to the tutorial).
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Best regards,

LouiePro likes this.
  4. LouiePro

LouiePro Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    Blockchain
    Norway
    Good to hear it worked out for you @stuart50 ! Keep on HODLing on! :)