IOTA wallet

Discussion in 'Support and Help' started by Andreas, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Andreas

Andreas BoxInitiate

Dec 6, 2017
    Male
    what is the best way to keep my MIOTA's safe atm? I'm using the exchange wallet now.. Thanks a lot for the help!

2. Knowledge Seeker

Knowledge Seeker BoxSuperMember
    Founder

Nov 10, 2017
    As of now Exchange is safer then Wallet, Need to wait till IOTA resolves Wallet issues and release a more stable and reliable Wallet

Zyber Coin likes this.
  3. Jules

Jules BoxInitiate

Dec 8, 2017
    Male
    Yeah, i was wondering what was the best solution for MIOTA and so i ended up also leaving on the exchange.

4. Knowledge Seeker

Founder

Nov 10, 2017
    My IOTA are locked-up by IOTA foundation during Curl protocol upgrade and still not been returned , Because I choose their stupid Wallet to store my IOTAS instead of exchange I lost a huge opportunity of caching out at recent surge.

5. Jules

Jules BoxInitiate

Dec 8, 2017
    Male
    ouch! kinda of whats going on with me. im trying to cash out of bitfinex and it has been 36 hours and nothing...missed the latest surge in BTC.

6. cryptomined

cryptomined Administrator
    Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    Bitfinex has been scary slow with withdraw's recently... several days ago i sent out 0.25 BTC and it took like 6-12 hours... then a day later I sent out 0.8 BTC and it took 12-24 hours... yesterday my friend tried to take out something like 0.2 BTC and it was over 24 hours without a withdraw and he kept opening support tickets without any luck of an answer... Bitfinex is scaring me, that they might not have the proper liquidity to properly function right now.

That being said.. IOTA should have Both Ledger Nano-S (and probably blue) And TrezorT TREZOR Hardware Wallet | https://shop.trezor.io?a=cryptomined.com support soon. Both are in the works right now.. If you check Trezors github you can see IOTA work is in the timeline. Not sure if IOTA will get regular Trezor support, probably only on the TrezorT coming out soon.

Thats my Trezor affils link if you want to buy a Trezor or Trezor T. Boxmining has an affil link to Ledger around if you check his video descriptions.

Jules likes this.
  7. Knowledge Seeker

Founder

Nov 10, 2017
    If Bitfinex looks suspicious shift your IOTA to Binance Exchange but don't move them to Wallet, Even if Ledger Nano-S, TrezorT support IOTA just wait for feedback and confirm that its safe only then move your IOTAs

8. cryptomined

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    im not sure how microsoft can support IOTA when IOTA doesn't even have a proper stable workign wallet yet... everyone complains about this... how can a crypto without a proper wallet have a 10 billion $+ market cap... really overbought right now.

9. Knowledge Seeker

Founder

Nov 10, 2017
    Some one told me that they are not giving priority to these issues (wallet, less Nodes and Centralized) because they want to avoid Market pump and dumps and want to be under radar as they are not depended on IOTA coin sold funds and are funded by Companies.

Jules likes this.
  10. LouiePro

LouiePro Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    Blockchain
    Norway
    I have 667 MIOTA in the IOTA lightnode wallet. I've checked a couple of times and not seeing any issues. After the recent run, I've been scared to look. I don't want to see a balance of zero. I'd be devastated.

11. LouiePro

LouiePro Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    Blockchain
    Norway
    well I'm not even able to login to my light wallet to check the balance. just keeps saying "logging in" then times out after a few minutes. woohoo. :/

12. Jules

Jules BoxInitiate

Dec 8, 2017
    Male
    Yeah very scary...so far still nothing...i just recently bought a nano S...hoping i'll still have funds left to transfer to it lol

13. cryptomined

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    I dont think bitfinex will go down, atleast not unless there is like a massive btc crash... so i think you will be ok, just might take a while to get the withdrawl... after it took almost 24 hours on my 0.8 btc i stopped using bitfinex as I got scared... just bittrex, cryptopia and hitbtc for me now.. there is polo too, but they can also be a pain in the ass sometimes.. had 1 eth stuck for more than a week in transfer with them before too.

14. Kirby

Kirby BoxInitiate

Dec 10, 2017
    Male
    Hey, I use the light wallet from them, but yeah the interface isn't really great. However good news, UCL wallet should be coming out soon!

15. holikao

holikao Moderator

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
  16. MAHDI HATAMI VARJOVI

MAHDI HATAMI VARJOVI BoxInitiate

Dec 13, 2017
    good looking wallet ;)

17. SHOWXAYNE

SHOWXAYNE BoxInitiate

Dec 14, 2017
    Male
    I assume the IOTA wallet available on github, version 2.5.4 is the one that most of us are saying unstable? Because I used to put my IOTAs on exchange, but didn't want it to put it too long, and I actually sold my IOTAs into other ALT coins.

18. CJ

CJ BoxSuperMember
    Founder

Nov 11, 2017
    Male
    Student
    #19 CJ, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Yes the 2.5.4 is the unstable one ... the one previewed above by @Knowledge Seeker is the new wallet they are working on.

For the people wondering about the IOTA price ... https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/iot...der-admits-microsoft-not-partner-participant/

19. Alex ander

Alex ander BoxInitiate

Dec 3, 2017
    I recently made a paper wallet for my IOTA. Hope, it was a good idea.