Mining with Gtx 1080ti

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Immortallegend4, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Immortallegend4

Immortallegend4 BoxInitiate
    Founder

Nov 18, 2017
    Developer
    I just acquired a gtx1080 ti, primarily for gaming but looking to mine some coins with it.

I noticed coins such as Zclassic are most profitable to mine with it.

Any suggestions on alternatives?

2. Digi_Marc

Digi_Marc BoxInitiate

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Depends on your level of experience with mining. Some coins you mine now could be profitable when they grow in price. (i.e. Digibyte using ccminer). Also did it with vertcoin. In essence you mine the coin to grow your volume. then you HODL until the price goes up. So your daily return would be significantly less in USD but with the hope the coin will grow in value.

With a single gpu miner and easy set up you could use miningpoolhub and use awesome miner to allow for the most profitable coin to be mined automatically. cool thing is that you can "auto exchange" to whatever coin you prefer (i.e. litecoin, eth, etc.) using miningpoolhub

I would not suggest nicehash cause of their fee structure and BTC focus. Once they provide ALTs then maybe. I currently have BTC on hold due to their hack last month.

Cheers.

Ethan likes this.
  3. Jonnie Gunn

Jonnie Gunn BoxInitiate

Jan 12, 2018
    I have a 1080ti. Best coin for me is zcoin. Super quiet too. I use miningpoolhub for my worker

Digi_Marc likes this.
  4. Immortallegend4

Immortallegend4 BoxInitiate
    Founder

Nov 18, 2017
    Developer
    What hash rate are u getting?

5. Digi_Marc

Digi_Marc BoxInitiate

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    1080ti tends to get around 685 mH on equihash just depends on pool and difficulty.

I tend to utilize WhattoMine to figure out what to mine. On the top you can input the amount of GPU you have and click on the gpu (i.e. 1080ti) so it turns green. This will auto fill the hash rate. Then input electricity cost and calculate, which will then give you some estimates for what is most profitable.

ZCL seem to be the top for today in terms of USD. Cheers

6. Buddy coin

Buddy coin BoxInitiate

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Hey Guys I just Bought my first 1080ti do you guys have some recommendation to mining?

7. minerksa

minerksa BoxInitiate

Mar 22, 2018
    did you get your answer, I ordered 1080ti and I am looking for some guidance about, which altcoin is best to mine with 1080ti