Saving OMNIcore on USB? MAC users :)

Discussion in 'Support and Help' started by toshiwhale, Jan 12, 2018.

1. toshiwhale

toshiwhale BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 18, 2017
    Male
    Hey guys.

So I'm slowly runing out of space on my mac with all thes core wallet for various reasons. Is it possible to save say omni core on a usb? That'd save a huge amount as I rarely need to use it

Any suggestions would be great

2. Ethan

Ethan Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    If I were you, I would move some unneeded and less important files that you want to keep onto the USB to make room for OMNIcore on your Mac. Couldn't find any information on this. I went years without an external hard drive, having to constantly deleted and redownload files to my laptop, until I made a $50 sale purchase for a nice hard drive and it changed my life.

3. toshiwhale

toshiwhale BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 18, 2017
    Male
    Come on mate its a fair presumption to think I've given consideration to allocating extra space. As the op states I need omni very rarely.... Absolutely zero relevance telling me to make space for a 130Gb file I've said I need access to rarely :/

Thanks for your reply but I'm no closer than without it.....

4. Ethan

Ethan Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    Sorry I was saying this because it's easy to lose a USB. Sorry pal

I found a link that may help. It shows how to download Electrum to USB, but this might also work with Omni, but I can't find any information that points directly to how to do this with OMNI.

5. toshiwhale

toshiwhale BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 18, 2017
    Male
    Aha yes, apologies for my sklightly snappy response. I'll have a read of that thanks :)

I've just got a SSD thunderbolt USB so I'll report my findings.

Cheers