Why I am Excited about Litecoin's Future

Discussion in 'Crypto Forum' started by Ethan, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Ethan

Ethan Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Founder CoinMaster

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    #1 Ethan, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Twitter | https://mobile.twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/930101596414926848

(Confidential Transactions) Twitter | https://mobile.twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/930343030342561792

Twitter User: "Why not hard fork? Seems to be en vogue at the moment"

Charlie Lee: "Lol. sorry, we don't do airdrops"

And plus, we have this ^ troll working hard for its long term value.

Charlie has been working very hard on the Litecoin project with much success. It takes a lot of guts to leave a high paying job at Coinbase (especially when you make it what it is today) to work on a project that some thought would never work. Charlie takes a lot of heat and there's a lot of people who are on the fence about his attitude, but I think In the long run people will realize how important this technology is and how important these upgrades will be for the future of mass adoption.

ethercept likes this.
  2. Bryan Ngu

Bryan Ngu BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Hi Ethan, need some input from you regarding an issue I have been debating about in my head.

I'm standing in a Tech perspective and I don't know how does BlockChain Code work? Maybe you guys could enlighten me.
    Example: Litecoin has been claiming that they are faster and cheaper in their fees. Is their code patented?

If it is then it's good for them to boast about it so that it will be exclusively used by them only. However, if they can't and Bitcoin could easily just copy paste the code to do what they claim. "Tada~~" The Sleeping Dragon (BitCoin) has finally awake and might just remove whoever claims to be fastest and strongest because Bitcoin is the pioneer of all coin. At least branding BitCoin still wins.

Enlighten me if I'm wrong or I miss out something.

3. Bryan Ngu

Bryan Ngu BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    "Ehhh it doesn't really work like that. In order for Bitcoin to do that it would have to go some major changes. BCH (Bitcoin cash) set out to do that, despite there already being like 10+ coins that can and do do it better (LTC, DASH, ETH, DECRED, etc). The argument here is the BCH will take code from LTC/DASH/ETH in order to make those coins obsolete, but this will not happen. there isn't really any IP on the code since it is open source and anyone can develop platforms or coins using the code, but that doesn't mean those coins will be worth anything.

BCH is an attempt to make a LTC type coin by forking BTC, instead of just allow LTC to exist (which is much better in every way and has a better development team and proven background) and not fork BTC. Do you see where my issue with BCH is? It is trying to be something when there is already something like it and better, and by making BCH they forked BTC which only made BTC transactions take longer and cost more."

I'm bringing you're post over here which I think it's much appropriate to discuss.
    I think I'm getting closer to what you're saying.

Now my question:
    1) what would happen if BTC really goes for major changes? Basically, those Coins that function and look alike would be wiped off?
    2) Can BitCoin disapprove a Fork from happening to BCH?
    3) Would it be better to have more competition? by this way, Bitcoin could be pushed to be more proactive and innovative.

Sorry if I misinterpret your statement, I'm still grasping all this idea into my head.

4. ethercept

ethercept BoxInitiate
    Founder CoinMaster

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    I agree, I saw that tweet exchange too and chuckled. I have a team of devs working nights and weekends on a project and (rightfully so) none are willing to leave their jobs/contracts (many of them Fortune 500 / Global 2000) for the project until cash flow is on the horizon.

5. Ethan

Ethan Moderator

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    Th
    PM me If you would like to discuss your project further I am interested!

ethercept likes this.
  6. Ethan

Ethan Moderator

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    Hey Bryan!

1. Well usually for that to happen it would have to undergo a major consensus change and hard fork or a soft fork. LTC (Litecoin) is considered a "software fork", which is different from a soft fork. It took BTCs code and modified it. I hope this answered your question!
    2. Question better suited for the [Coin] BCH thread but no, mining is decentralized and so is BCH development (In a way resort to BCH thread for more info).
    3. Yes. I would agree that competition is healthy for any free market.

However, I would resort to asking this question via general discussion as this is a Litecoin discussion thread :)

ethercept and Jonathan Szeftel like this.
  7. Matthew Shaw

Matthew Shaw BoxSuperMember
    Founder

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    I love litecoin :) such a huge amount of success here!

Ethan likes this.
  8. Nomad28743

Nomad28743 BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 11, 2017
    Male
    Cryptoholic
    On the Appalachian Trail near Hot Springs, NC
    I like (hold) LTC and love Charlie. He is so calm and not pretentious.

9. Ethan

Ethan Moderator

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    Sometimes he can be a little cut throat, but that's the crypto world. He likes to call it how it is! He isn't like a Roger Ver and doesn't go around traveling to campuses and stuff promoting LTC, but when he decides to market LTC we will see more adoption!

10. boxmining

boxmining Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator CoinMaster

Nov 6, 2017
    He’s a programmer and more of an explorer than exploiter. It takes guts to say litecoin is silver to bitcoins gold instead of shilling it everyday. That’s why charlie has immense respect on this industry.

ethercept and Ethan like this.
  11. Chris Green

Chris Green BoxInitiate
    Founder

Nov 12, 2017
    Male
    Sales
    Virginia
    What is ya'lls opinion on the values:
    LTC now $62.86 - 53 million supply. vs.
    Dash $431 - 7.6 M supply
    Monero - $122 15.3 million supply.
    BCH $1,281 - 16.8M supply

At first glance I would put LTC at nearly $300 if you just went by the amount of coins?

12. Ethan

Ethan Moderator

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    I see it holding long term value, however, having a steady value now only allows new users to come in at a lower price to support the coin. If you bought $1000 in LTC in January 2017, you would have roughly $15,500 by the calculator of about $4/LTC and $62/LTC currently.

13. Chris Green

Chris Green BoxInitiate
    Founder

Nov 12, 2017
    Male
    Sales
    Virginia
    Help me get my head wrapped around this:
    If you were a stock analyst how would you be basing your valuation on each of these coins?
    Adoption?
    Fees from said adoption by banks/merchants?

14. Ethan

Ethan Moderator

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    lots of difference when trading any crypto and forex and i think it can be a combination of everything from the work a development team puts into a project or update, adoption by users and banks/financial institutions and other things. LTC has big plans for these next few months with confidential transactions and atomic swaps!

Nomad28743 likes this.
  15. ethercept

ethercept BoxInitiate
    Founder CoinMaster

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    Thanks for the interest Ethan. I would love to get input from an obviously adept and skilled person such as yourself in the crypto space in the near future.

However, I certainly don't want to spam Michael's new forums, with his permission I'll PM you once we're done securing all of the relevant social media accounts for our brand and we're ready to launch the community spaces to get community feedback which I think is an important step so many ICOs skip.

We're still very small, however our company is 7 years old and we have worked with some of the top people in performance assurance, identity management, data analytics and security. We just began changing our focus over the summer and adapting to what possibilities blockchain has to offer. What was originally a very narrow and precision application has grown immensely in a few short months into branding an entire platform out of many security and procedural documents I've written over the years. (not platform like KMD/LSK/EOS, we seem to have plenty new platforms for launching new chains.

Anecdotal side note, there's an Ethan mod on the Alt Coin Investing Discord and on DataDash's Discord, coincidence? Or do you control the horizontal & vertical in many rooms!?

Keep up the great work here, love the signature graphic! Cheers.

16. Nomad28743

Nomad28743 BoxMember
    Founder

Nov 11, 2017
    Male
    Cryptoholic
    On the Appalachian Trail near Hot Springs, NC
    My 2 cents is Americans are used to being the center of world attention and the news we are fed is not from around the world. The crypto markets have world wide participants. When we try and attribute movements based on what news we hear that is not a complete picture of all the influences on these movements. One of Box mining's greatest gifts he brings us is his access to and excellent interpretation of the Asian news. I believe the market being world wide makes it much more difficult to predict movements based on the tools we used on the stock markets and forex.

17. DanielAl

DanielAl BoxMember

Apr 10, 2018
    Male
    B2B/B2C – marketplace

The Yodse marketplace is a place where users will be able to enter into contracts for sale and purchase ofequipment. This is an important element of the Yodse ecosystem, and it is important for project participants to know what it is for.

How does the marketplace work?
    We have simplified the algorithm of Yodse trading platform as much as possible:
    – The client chooses the desired supplier and agrees upon the transaction details with it;
    – The consumer pays for the goods with fiat money or cryptocurrencies;
    – Funds are credited to the Yodse transit account, at the same time the supplier receives a notification;
    – The producer ships the goods to the logistics company;
    – Buyer receives products;
    – Logistics company informs about successful delivery and the producer receives a reward.

We tried to make the algorithm of Yodse as simple and clear as possible both for customer and producer. By doing so, this algorithm guarantees that therights of all parties are respected.

Why you need a token?
    Yodse token is a means of payment for services on a B2B/B2C platform. It is cryptocurrency that we have chosen for this purpose, not fiat money. The reason is advantages cryptocurrencies offer:
    – Tokens increase user loyalty;
    – Cryptocurrency allows anyone who owns it to make proposals for improvement of the functionality of the platform;
    – Tokens are paid to the participants of the referral program as a reward;

Yodse users can make an invaluable contribution to the development of the platform. We endow everyone who hasYodse token the right of proposing ways of improvement of the marketplace. This will not only make the platform Yodse better but also meets the demands of today’s digital economy.

Additional services:
    We offer additional services to users of the Yodse trading platform:
    – Product search by its characteristics, by item number, and bybrand;
    – Chatting with other members;
    – Tracking cargo delivery;
    – Insurance of goods;
    – Marketing goods and services;
    – Rating and feedback system;
    – Provision of P2P-loans;
    – Referral program;
    – Settlement of disputes in arbitration;
    – Set of standard documents.

By use of the additional services the Yodse users will be able to purchase and sell industrial productson a turn-key basis. For this, the Yodse platform has all the users need.

yodse_banner_black_2000x500_002.png